Stiff neck is an difficult and painful estate in which a person is almost incapable to turn his head behind in normal range of motiondue to the retention and pain from the neck. There can be many causes for stiff neck such as sleep position, long phone calls without a headset, texting with head bend down , exposure of the neck to cold , working long hours on computer and cell phone usage.
There are numerous home TIPs for stiff neck which are simple to follow . Some of the attractive home remedies are:
1. One of the popular home remedies for stiff neck is to apply hot water bottle wrapped wet hot towel on the painful area of your neck. This will increase blood circulation to the stiffness and give you relief from the pain.
2. Stand beneath a shower and let the warm water to fall on your neck. The force of the falling water will act as a massage and the heat of the water will provide your neck with warmth treatment.
4. You may even try using a towel soaked in hot water and then placed on the tender and stiff neck region.
5. You may try a neck movement exercise at home. See video All you need to do is sit in a relaxed position and try to slowly rotate your stiff neck. This may help in gradually loosening up the stiff muscles.
6. Instead of a regular pillow you can buy orthopedic pillows available here.
7. Inactivity or lack of movement may contribute to stiff neck. See video
8. If all above Tips fail to produce relief , The best Doctors to treat stiff neck are Chiropractors. They will do gentle adjustments and mobilizations to your neck - there are several methods - as well as maybe use some physiotherapy modalities and stretching. They can also give you some diet and/or supplement advice depending on the focus of their practice.
Chiropractic Treatment Soft Instrument Adjustment vs regular Adjustment
New Patient Special